telephone03 - 8000 8000 envelopepro[at]moha[dot]gov[dot]my

phone  03 - 8000 8000       
email  pro[at]moha[dot]gov[dot]my

FAQ Contact Us Complaints and Feedback Site Map


  • Home
  • Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1: What sectors are allowed to employ foreign workers?

A: The approved sectors are as follow:
(a) Manufacturing;
(b) Construction;
(c) Plantation;
(d) Agriculture; and
(e) Services:

(i) Restaurant sub-sector (cooks only)
(ii) Cleaning and sanitation sub-sector
(iii) Resort island sub-sector

Q2: What is the levy payment rate for each approved worker?

A: The levy payment rate for each approved worker varies according to sector. After obtaining approval, the employer must make levy payment according to the following rates:

(a) Manufacturing sector RM 1,850
(b) Construction sector RM 1,850
(c) Plantation sector RM 640
(d) Agriculture sector RM 640
(e) Services sector

(i) Restaurant (cooks) RM 1,850 
(ii) Cleaning and sanitation  RM 1,850
(iii) Resort islands  RM 1,850

Q3: What are the approved source countries for foreign workers?

 A: Intake of foreign workers from the following source countries are allowed:

  • Thailand
  • Indonesia
  • Filipina
  • Kemboja
  • Myanmar
  • Lao PDR
  • Viet Nam
  • Kazakhstan
  • Nepal
  • Pakistan
  • Sri Lanka
  • Bangladesh
  • Turkmenistan
  • Uzbekistan

Q4: Are foreign workers from India allowed to work in the manufacturing sector?

A: No. Foreign Workers from India are only allowed to work only in the services sector (restaurants only), construction sector (high tension cables), agriculture sector and plantation sector.

Q5: Are male workers from Indonesia allowed to work in the manufacturing sector?

A: No. Male workers from Indonesia are allowed to work in all sectors except the manufacturing sector, while female workers from Indonesia are allowed to work in all sectors.

Q6: Are foreign workers allowed to work as cashiers?

A: No. Foreign workers are not allowed to work as front-line workers.

Q7: How to apply for employment quota of foreign workers?

A: Employers are to submit applications to the Ministry of Human Resources online via:

Q8: What action should be taken if the employer fails to register ID in the ePLKS system and is asked to refer to the OSC?

A: Employers need to update the information of the employer/employer's representative using the form



alamat Setia Perkasa 1, 2, 7 & 9, Kompleks Setia Perkasa, Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan, 62546 Putrajaya
hubungi Tel: 03 8000 8000
Fax : 03-88891613 / 03-88891610
emel pro[at]moha[dot]gov[dot]my

Copyright Reserved © Ministry of Home Affairs
Best viewed using Mozilla Firefox 3, Internet Explorer 10
and Google Chrome with minimum resolution of 1366x768

fb3 update tweet update youtube insta

  • Latest Update : 16 April 2024.
Visitor Count : 1084191

moha qrcode