Guidelines for Application of Printing/ Publishing Al-Quran Text
1.┬á┬á┬á Printing/ Publishing Al-Quran Text Licence
- According to the appropriation of Section 5(1) Printing of Al-Quran Text Act 1986 (APTQ), anybody who wishes to print/publish must apply for a licence to print/publish from the Board of Control and Licence of Al-Quran Printing at the Ministry of Home Affairs and Internal Security.
2.┬á┬á┬á Application Procedure
- Need to get and fill in application form (Form A)
- Attach relevant information/documents:-
- Copy of valid Printing Machine License
- Copy of Registration Letter
- Form A ÔÇô Complete Application Form for licence to Print/Publish Al-Quran text
- Additional Information Application Form for Licence to Print/ Publish Al-Quran text ÔÇô Form A(1)
- Copy of Company Registration Letter
- List of Consultants, at least two certified experts in this area
- List of employees with EPF contribution
- Copy of Membership to the Printer Association (if available)
- Copy of details of company share holders (Form 24 Company Act 1965)
- List of office facilities (like telephone, fax, photo state, machinery and others)
3. THE NEED TO OBTAIN LICENCE TO PRINT/ PUBLISH AL-QURAN TEXT
- It is an enforced law and if you operate without valid licence and convicted could be fined ten thousand ringgit or imprisoned for not more than three years or both.
- One who has been approved for a licence must pay RM300.00 after the approval
5. WHEN WOULD YOU OBTAIN IT?
- After the application is received by the Ministry of Home Affairs and Internal Security and approved by the Board within three months or the nearest Board Meeting.
6. DURATION OF VALIDITY OF THE LICENCE TO PRINT/ PUBLISH AL-QURAN TEXT
- The licence is valid until terminated.